Dr. Muhammad Umar Aftab joined National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences (FAST-NUCES) as an Assistant Professor in 2020. Before this, he was a research associate in the School of Information and Software Engineering (SISE), University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC). He also worked as a Lecturer in Department of Computer Science and IT, University of Sargodha, Lyallpur Campus, Faisalabad. Dr. Muhammad Umar Aftab did his PhD in the field of Information Security which lies under the main filed of Computer Science from SISE, UESTC under the Chinese Government Scholarship. Moreover, he received his Master’s Degree in Computer Science from the National Textile University, Faisalabad, Pakistan. He has published several articles in reputed journals and conferences. He worked under two funded projects and currently working on a joint project between Chinese and Pakistani Government.
PhD (Software Engineering), 2020
University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
MS (Computer Science), 2014
National Textile University, Faisalabad, Pakistan
BS (Information Technology), 2011
Government College University Faisalabad, Pakistan
- Zakria; J. Deng, J. Cai, M. U. Aftab, M. S. Khokhar, R. Kumar, Visual Features with Spatio-Temporal-Based Fusion Model for Cross-Dataset Vehicle Re-Identification. Electronics 2020, 9, 1083. (SCI, IF:2.412)
- U. Aftab et al., “A hybrid access control model with dynamic COI for secure localization of satellite and IoT-based vehicles,” IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 24196–24208, 2020. (SCI, IF:4.098)
- Oluwasanmi, M. U. Aftab, A. Shokanbi, J. Jackson, B. Kumeda, and Z. Qin, “Attentively conditioned generative adversarial network for semantic segmentation,” IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 31733–31741, 2020. (SCI, IF:4.098)
- U. Aftab et al., “Permission-based separation of duty in dynamic role-based access control model,” Symmetry (Basel)., vol. 11, no. 5, p. 669, May 2019. (SCI, IF:2.143)
- Oluwasanmi, M. U. Aftab, E. Alabdulkreem, B. Kumeda, E. Y. Baagyere, and Z. Qin, “CaptionNet: automatic end-to-end siamese difference captioning model with attention,” IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 106773–106783, 2019. (SCI, IF:4.098)
- Oluwasanmi, E. Frimpong, M. U. Aftab, E. Y. Baagyere, Z. Qin, and K. Ullah, “Fully convolutional captionnet: siamese difference captioning attention model,” IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 175929–175939, 2019. (SCI, IF:4.098)
- Zakria, J. Cai, J. Deng, M. U. Aftab, M. S. Khokhar, and R. Kumar, “Efficient and deep vehicle re-identification using multi-level feature extraction,” Appl. Sci., vol. 9, no. 7, p. 1291, 2019. (SCI, IF:2.217)
- Ngoc Anh,N. Tung Son,P. T. Lam, L.P. Chi, N. H. Tuan, M. U. Aftab et al, “A computer-vision based application for student behavior monitoring in classroom,” Appl. Sci., vol. 9, no. 22, p. 4729, 2019. (SCI, IF:2.217)
- F. Quadri, X. Li, D. Zheng, M. U. Aftab, and Y. Huang, “Multi-Layer Graph Generative Model Using AutoEncoder for Recommendation Systems,” Journal on Big Data , vol. 1, no. 1. 2019.
- Raza, M. U. Aftab, M. Q. Akbar, O. Ashraf, and M. Irfan, “Mobile Adhoc Networks Applications and its Challenges,” Communications and Network, 2016
- U. Aftab, O. Ashraf, M. Irfan, M. Majid, A. Nisar, and M. A. Habib, “A Review Study of Wireless Sensor Networks and Its Security,” Communications and Networks, vol. 7, 2015.
- U. Aftab, A. Nisar, M. A. Habib, A. Ashraf, and M. Burhan, “A Review Study of Interior and Exterior Gateway Protocols,” Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research (JBASR), vol. 4, pp. 57-67, 2014.
- U. Aftab, A. Nisar, M. Asif, A. Ashraf, and B. Gill, “RBAC architecture design issues in institutions collaborative environment,” Int. J. Comput. Sci. Issues, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 216–221, 2013.
- U. Aftab,O. Ariyo,Z. Qin,et al. Secure and Dynamic Access Control for Internet of Things (IoT) based Traffic System [J].IEEE ACCESS. Under Review (SCI, IF:4.098)
- W. Hundera, J. Chuanjie, M. U. Aftab, D. Geresu, and H. Xiong. Secure and Efficient Data Sharing Scheme Based on Outsourced Attribute-based Signcryption for Cloud Storage [J].IEEE ACCESS. Under Review (SCI, IF:4.098)
- U. Aftab et al., “Negative authorization by implementing negative attributes in attribute-based access control model for internet of medical things,” in The 15th International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grids, Guangzhou, China, 2019, pp. 1–8.
- U. Aftab, Z. Qin, S. F. Quadri, Zakria, A. Javed, and X. Nie, “Role-based ABAC model for implementing least privileges,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Software and Computer Applications – ICSCA ’19, Penang, Malaysia, 2019, pp. 467–471.
- Jamali, J. Deng, J. Cai, M. U. Aftab, and K. Hussain, “Minimizing Vehicle Re-Identification Dataset Bias Using Effective Data Augmentation Method,” in 2019 15th International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grids (SKG), Guangzhou, China, 2019, pp. 127–130.
- Oluwasanmi, A. Shokanbi, J. Jackson, M. U. Aftab,et al. Sequential Convolutional Recurrent Network for Sentiment Classification. [C] International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Science, Beijing, China. 2019.
- U. Aftab, Z. Qin, Zakria, S. Ali, Pirah, and J. Khan, “The evaluation and comparative analysis of role based access control and attribute based access control model,” in 15th International Computer Conference on Wavelet Active Media Technology and Information Processing (ICCWAMTIP), Chengdu, China, 2018, pp. 35–39.
- Zakria, J. Cai, J. Deng, M. S. Khokhar, and M. U. Aftab, “Vehicle Classification Based on Deep Convolutional Neural Networks Model for Traffic Surveillance Systems,” in 2018 15th International Computer Conference on Wavelet Active Media Technology and Information Processing (ICCWAMTIP), Chengdu, China, 2018, pp. 224–227.
- U. Aftab, M. A. Habib, N. Mehmood, M. Aslam, and M. Irfan, “Attributed role based access control model,” in Conference on Information Assurance and Cyber Security (CIACS), Rawalpindi, Pakistan, 2015, pp. 83–89.
- A. Habib, N. Mahmood, M. Shahid, M. U. Aftab, U. Ahmad, and C. M. N. Faisal, “Permission based implementation of dynamic separation of duty (DSD) in role based access control (RBAC),” in 8th International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ICSPCS), Gold Coast, QLD, Australia, 2014, pp. 1–10.