- Machine Learning : Deep Learning : Cognitive informatics : Health informatics
Dr. Shahnawaz Qureshi joined FAST National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (NUCES) as an Assistant Professor in July 2019. Dr. Qureshi obtained a Ph.D. in computer science in the research area of machine learning and deep learning. Dr. Qureshi won the Thailand Education Hub for Southern Region of ASEAN countries scholarship, Prince of Songkla University for Ph.D. position from 2016 to 2019. He did MS computer science from Blekinge Institute of Technology Sweden. His master research project was relevant to European project known as PsyIntEC- Psychophysiological interaction and empathetic cognition for human-robot cooperative work. I have 5 years of successful professional teaching and research experience in national and international level institutions around the world. I have been playing a role as a member in the International Association of Engineers including Society of Artificial Intelligence, Society of Data Mining, Society of Scientific Computing and Society of Bioinformatics from 2015 to present.
- Ph.D. (Computer Science), Prince of Songkla University, Thailand (2019)
- M.S (Computer Science), Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden (2012)
- B.S (Computer Science), Hazara University Mansehra (2008)
- Qureshi Shahnawaz, Seppo Karrila, Siriut Vanichayobon “Human Sleep Scoring Based on KNearest Neighbors” Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, Year:2018 Volume: 26 Number:6, IF: 0.697.
- Qureshi Shahnawaz, Seppo Karrila, Siriut Vanichayobon “A Genetic Algorithm Designing the Convolutional Neural Network Architecture for Optimal Classification of Sleep Stages from a Single EEG Channel (CNN SleepTuneNet)” Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, DOI: 10.3906/elk-1903-186.
- Muhammad Nadeem, Qureshi Shahnawaz, Syed Muhammad Zeeshan Iqbal, Naveeda Bibi and Lars Lundberg, “Analysis and Comparison of Web Development Platform based on Software Quality Attributes in Network Management System”, Journal of Advances in Computer Networks, Vol. 5, No. 1, June 2017.
- Qureshi Shahnawaz, Johan Hagelb¨ack, Syed Muhammad Zeeshan Iqbal, Hamad Javaid, and Craig A. Lindley. “Evaluation of Classifiers for Emotion Detection While Performing Physical and Visual Tasks: Tower of Hanoi and IAPS.” In Proceedings of SAI Intelligent Systems Conference, London, UK, pp. 347-363. Springer, 2018.
- Qureshi Shahnawaz and Sirirut Vanichayobon “Evaluate Different Machine Learning Techniques for Classifying Sleep Stages on Single-Channel EEG”, 14th International Joint Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering, 2017 IEEE Thailand.
- Ahmad Tauseef Sohaib, Qureshi Shahnawaz, Johan Hagelb¨ack, Olle Hilborn, Petar Jer?cic0, “Evaluating Classifiers for Emotion Recognition using EEG” 7th HCI International Conference, 21- 26 July 2013, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- Qureshi Shahnawaz, Ahmad Tauseef Sohaib, Salman Chaudhry, “Classifying Emotional States from EEG Data using Machine Learning Techniques” 24th European Students’ Conference 4th-7th Sep 2013, Berlin, Germany. [Poster published]