Dr. Bilal Khan has been teaching in FAST-NUCES since 2017. Before joining FAST he obtained his Ph.D. degree from Dongguk University majoring in Computer Networks. He did his MS (Computer Security) from the University of Bradford, UK. He also worked as a senior researcher in the Center of Excellence in Information Assurance (CoEIA), King Saud University. During his stay in CoEIA, he wrote several research proposals and successfully secured funds from the Ministry of Education, Saudi Arabia. Using the CoEIA platform he presented his research work in international conferences abroad.
Dr. Khan had been the recipient of the Study and Research Scholarship at Dongguk (SRD) during the first three years of his Ph.D. study. He was also awarded $10,000 under the Partial Support Scholarship from Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan, for the final year of his Ph.D. study.
His research interests include devising performance efficient and energy-efficient MAC layer protocols for wireless local and personal area networks.
Performance and efficiency modeling of wireless local
personal area networks and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Ph.D. (Computer Science & Engineering), Dongguk University, Seoul, South Korea (2017)
- MS (Computer Security), University of Bradford, United Kingdom (2008)
- M.Sc. (Computer Science), University of Peshawar, Pakistan (2005)
- B.Sc. (Computer Science), Islamia College Peshawar, Pakistan (2002)
1. Asaf, Khizra, Bilal Khan, and Ga-Young Kim. 2022. “Wireless Lan Performance Enhancement Using Double Deep Q-Networks” Applied Sciences 12, no. 9: 4145. https://doi.org/10.3390/app12094145
2. Bilal Khan, Danish Shahzad, Numan Shafi, Ga-Young Kim, Umar Aftab, “Analyzing and Enabling the Harmonious Coexistence in Heterogeneous Wireless Communication Systems in Industrial Environment”, Computers, Materials & Continua (CMC, ISSN: 1546-2218) [Accepted for Publication].
3. S. Umbreen, D. Shehzad, N. Shafi, B. Khan and U. Habib, “An Energy-Efficient Mobility-Based Cluster Head Selection for Lifetime Enhancement of Wireless Sensor Networks,” in IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 207779-207793, 2020, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3038031.
4. Bilal Khan, Rana Asif Rehman, Byung-Seo Kim, A Joint Strategy for Fair and Efficient Energy Usage in WLANs in the Presence of Capture Effect, Electronics 8 (4), 386, 2019.
5. Muhammad Burhan, Rana Asif Rehman, Bilal Khan, Byung-Seo Kim, IoT Elements, Layered Architectures and Security Issues: A Comprehensive Survey, Sensors, 2018.
6. Bilal Khan, Jong-Suk Ahn, Eun-Chan Park, “An analysis framework for the performance of collocated heterogeneous wireless networks with negative acknowledgements”, Kuwait Journal of Science, Vol.45. Issue.01, 2018.
7. Bilal Khan, Khaled Alghathbar, Muhammad Khurram Khan, Abdullah Alkelabi and Abdulaziz AlAjaji, “Cyber Security using Arabic CAPTCHA”, International Arab Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2013.
8. Bilal Khan, Khaled Alghathbar, Muhammad Khurram Khan, “Effectiveness of information security awareness campaigns on the basis of psychological theories”, African Journal of Business Management Vol. 5(26), pp. 10862-10868, 28 October, 2011.
9. Bilal Khan, Muhammad Khurram Khan and Alghathbar K. S., “Biometrics and identity management for homeland security applications in Saudi Arabia”, African Journal of Business Management Vol. 4(15), pp. 3296-3306, 4 November, 2010.
1. Bilal Khan, Khaled Alghathbar, Muhammad Khurram Khan, Abdullah Alkelabi and Abdulaziz AlAjaji, “Using Arabic CAPTCHA for Cyber Security” , Security Technology, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Communications in Computer and Information Science, 2010, Volume 122, 8-17, Korea.
2. Bilal Khan, Maqsood Mahmud, Muhammad Khurram Khan and Khaled Alghathbar, “Security analysis of firewall rule sets in computer networks” Fourth International Conference on Emerging Security Information, Systems and Technologies, Italy pp:51-56, 2010.
3. Bilal Khan, Jong-Suk Ahn, “Modeling the Effect of Interferences among N Collocated Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, In proceedings of the International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ah Hoc and Wireless Networks (WiOpt) 12~16 May, 2014, Tunisia.
4. Bilal Khan, Jong-Suk Ahn, “A Performance Model for the Effect of Interferences among the Collocated Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, 15th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, South Korea, Dec 2012, South Korea.
5. Belal Abu Saad, Fahad A. Saeed, Khaled Alghathbar, Bilal Khan, “Implementation of ISO 27001 in Saudi Arabia – Obstacles, Motivations, Outcomes and Lessons Learned”, 9th Australian Information Security Management Conference 5~7th December 2011, Perth Western Australia.
6. Bilal Khan, Khaled Alghathbar, Muhammad Khurram Khan, “Applying effective healthcare and environmental awareness approaches to information security awareness campaign”. ISA 2011, Czech Republic.