Muhammad Imran Babar is an Assistant Professor at National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences. He received his PhD degree in Computer Science in 2015 from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. He has an academic experience of 6 years as an Assistant Professor and Head of Computer Science Department at APCOMS, University of Engineering & Technology Taxila, Pakistan. Along with it he has an academic experience of 4 years at Bahria University Islamabad as a visiting Assistant Professor.
His research interests are in Software Engineering, Software Architecture, Expert Systems, Recommender Systems, Robotics, Soft Robotics, and Artificial Intelligence. He is interested to supervise projects that are closely related to software engineering, artificial intelligence and inter-disciplinary research in the said domains.
He is Editor in Chief of Journal of Software Engineering and Intelligent Systems (JSEIS) and Area Editor of KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems Journal. Moreover, he is program committee member and reviewer of many reputed conferences and journals.
Honors & Awards:
- PhD Best Student Award
- International Doctoral Fellowship Award UTM Malaysia
- Indigenous PhD Fellowship Award HEC Pakistan
Robotics, Soft Robotics
- Doctor of Philosophy (Computer Science), 2012-2015
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor, Malaysia
- Master of Science (Software Engineering), 2008-2011
- International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Master of Computer Science, 2003
- AKU, AJK, Pakistan
1. Imran Ghani, Angelica Lim, Muhammad Hasnain, Israr Ghani, M.I. Babar, Challenges in Distributed Agile Software Development Environment: A Systematic Literature Review, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems. (ISI Indexed, IF Journal)
2. S. Hanif, F. Sohail, AT Shehrbano, M.I. Babar, A New Shoulder Surfing and Mobile Key-Logging Resistant Graphical Password Scheme for Smart-Held Devices, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA). (ISI Indexed)
3. Muhammad Mohsin Ali, M.I. Babar, Muhammad Hamza, Muhammad Jehanzeb, Saad Habib, Muhammad Sajid Khan, Industrial financial forecasting using long short-term memory recurrent neural networks. Vol 10, No 4. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA). (ISI Indexed)
4. Haneen Anjum, M. I. Babar, Jehanzeb M., Maham Khan, Saima Chaudhary, Summiyah Sultana, Zainab Shahid, Shahid Nazir Bhatti, A Comparative Analysis of Quality Assurance of Mobile Applications using Automated Testing Tools. Vol 8, No 7. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA). (ISI Indexed)
5. M. I. Babar, Ghazali, M, Dayang N. A. Jawawi, Noraini Ibrahim, Shamsuddin S. M., (2015). PHandler: An expert system for a scalable software requirements prioritization process. Knowledge-Based Systems, Vol, 84, 2015. (ISI Indexed/IF Journal).
6. M. I. Babar, Masitah Ghazali, Dayang N.A. Jawawi, Kashif Bin Zaheer. “StakeMeter: Value-Based Stakeholder Identification and Quantification Framework for Value-Based Software Systems”. PLoS ONE, 10(3). 2015.(ISI Indexed, IF Journal)
7. M. I. Babar, Masitah Ghazali, Dayang N.A. Jawawi, Abubakar Elsafi. “Stakeholder Management in Value Based Software Development: A Systematic Review”, IET SOFTWARE.8(5).2014. (ISI Indexed, IF Journal)
8. Furkh Zeshan, Radziah Mohamad, […], M. I. Babar, Context-aware ontology and web services discovery for distributed embedded real-time systems. Malaysian Journal of Computer Science, (ISI Indexed/ IF Journal)
9. Ali Raza Ahmed, Muhammad Tayyab, Shahid Nazir Bhatti, Abdullah J. Alzahrani, M. I. Babar, Impact of story point estimation on product using metrics in scrum development process. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, Volume 8 No. 4. (ISI Indexed)
10. Furkh Zeshan, Adnan Ahmad, Abid Mehmood, […] M. I. Babar, An ontology-based service discovery framework for dynamic environments. IET Software. (ISI Indexed/IF Journal)
11. Awad Ali, Dayang N.A. Jawawi, Mohd Adham, M. I. Babar, Technique for Early Reliability Prediction of Software Components using Behaviour Models. PLoS ONE (ISI Indexed/IF: 3.0/Q1)