Dr. Umar Farooq is working as Assistant Professor at FAST School of Management, Chiniot-Faisalabad Campus since 2015. He did his PhD in Management Sciences from COMSATS University Islamabad, Pakistan. He also completed his MBA (Finance) in 2011 and BBA (Finance) in 2009 from the University of the Punjab, Gujranwala Campus. He is also completing Online Dars e Nizami from Faizan Online Academy (http://quranteacher.net/). He also served Lahore Leads University as Lecturer from 2012 to 2015. During his teaching career, he has taught various finance related courses including, Islamic Finance, Financial Management, Corporate Finance, Investment and Portfolio and Financial Institutions and Markets to undergraduate and graduate level students.
His research areas include Islamic financial instruments, costs and prediction of financial distress, capital structure and working capital management. He is an expert of Bibliometric Analysis, Systematic Literature Review, Meta-Analysis and panel data analysis. His skill set also include Machine Learning, Reference Management, Accounting Information System and advance search techniques. He embraces proficiency in following research and finance related software.
- Accounting Software (Peachtree, Odoo, Various Small ERP Solutions)
- Data Analysis (SPSS, STATA)
- Machine Learning (WEKA)
- Reference Management (Mendeley, Endnote, Zotero, Qiqa)
- Bibliometric Analysis (VOS viewer, CitNetExplorer, Biblioshiny)
- Search Techniques (GoogleScholar, Publish or Perish)
- R Studio (Financial Analysis, Data Scraping, Biliometrix)
- Excel (Macros)
- PhD (Management Sciences), COMSATS University Islamabad, Lahore Campus, Pakistan (2020)
- MBA (Finance), University of the Punjab, Gujranwala Campus, Pakistan (2011)
- BBA (Finance), University of the Punjab, Gujranwala Campus, Pakistan (2009)
- Dars e Nizami (Online), Faizan Online Academy (http://quranteacher.net/), Pakistan (2019-Cont.)
- Nasir, A., Farooq, U. and Khan, A. (2020), “Conceptual and Influential Structure of Takaful Literature: A Bibliometric Review”, International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Accepted manuscript. IF
- Farooq, U., Qamar, M.A.J. and Reddy, K. (2020), “Impact Size and Determinants of Indirect Cost of Financial Distress: Role of Receivable and Inventory Management”, Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting & Finance, 16(2). ESCI
- Farooq, U. and Qamar, M.A.J. (2019), “Predicting multistage financial distress: reflections on sampling, feature and model selection criteria”, Journal of Forecasting, Vol. 38 No. 7, pp. 632-648. IF 1.48, ABDC (A).
- Farooq, U., Qamar, M.A.J. and Haque, A. (2018), “A Three-Stage Dynamic Model of Financial”, Managerial Finance, Vol. 44 No. 9, pp. 1101-1116. ESCI, ABDC (B)
- Farooq, U. and Qamar, M.A.J. (2018), “Scope, measurement, impact size and determinants of indirect cost of financial distress”, Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Vol. 10 No. 1, pp. 111–129. ESCI, ABDC (C)
- Hafeez, M., Farooq, U., Ziaullah, M., Arif, M., & Ashraf, S. (2018). The Role of E-Recruitment in Attracting Potential Candidates-Evidence from Fresh Graduate Job Seekers. IBT Journal of Business Studies, Vol. 14 No. 2, pp. 65–80.
- Farooq, U. and Qamar, M.A.J. (2017), “Firm Size as Moderator to Non-Linear Leverage-Performance Relation: An Emerging Market Review”, Binus Business Review, Vol. 8 No. 2, pp. 99–106.
- Nasir, A. and Farooq, U. (2017), “Analysis of Value at Risk of Sukuk and Conventional Bonds in Pakistan”, Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research, Vol. 8 No. 4, pp. 375–388. ESCI
- Qamar, M.A.J., Farooq, U., Afzal, H. and Akhtar, W. (2016), “Determinants of Debt Financing and Their Moderating Role to Leverage-Performance Relation: An Emerging Market Review”, International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 8 No. 5, p. 300-311.
- Saim, M.H. and Farooq, U. (2016), “Exploring the association of E- Recruitment with organizational attraction and mediating role of Cost Effectiveness & Easy to Use”, Int.(Lahore), Vol. 28 No. 2, pp. 1651–1657.
- Farooq, U., Ashraf, A.A. and Ahmad, N. (2014), “Investigating the Moderating Role of Firm Strategy in the Relationship Between Leverage and Performance”, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 21 No. 2, pp. 341–346.
- Ashraf, A.A., Farooq, U. and Mohy-UL-Din, S. (2014), “An Investigation to the Leadership Culture Fit and its Impact on Job Satisfaction and Work Commitment”, World Applied Sciences Journal, Vol. 31 No. 4, pp. 427–438.
- Ashraf, A.A., Lodhi, S.A. and Farooq, U. (2014), “An Investigation of Leadership-Culture Fit with Quality Improvement and Cost Reduction by Synchronizing TQM and KM Philosophies”, World Applied Sciences Journal, Vol. 32 No. 3, pp. 478–491.
- Yonus, Z.I., Farooq, U. and Nasir, A. (2013), “Exchange rate and stock market volatility : A case of Pakistan”, Journal of Business Administration and Management Sciences Research, Vol. 2 No. 8, pp. 187–190.
- Mohy-Ul-Din, S., Mughal, K.S. and Farooq, U. (2013), “Impact of Cost of Marine and General Insurance on International Trade and Economic Growth of Pakistan”, World Applied Sciences Journal, Vol. 28 No. 5, pp. 659–671.
- Raza, H., Aslam, S. and Farooq, U. (2013), “Financing Pattern in Developing Nations Empirical Evidence from Pakistan”, World Applied Sciences Journal, Vol. 22 No. 9, pp. 1279–1285.
- Farooq, U., Nazir, M.S. and Nawaz, M.M. (2012), “Operating or Financial Distress ? How much Costly these are?”, American Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 55 No. 3, pp. 96–108.
- Farooq, U. and Nazir, M.S. (2012), “An analysis of operating and financial distress in Pakistani firms”, Elixir Finance, Vol. 44 No. 3, pp. 7133–7137.