Dr. Hashim Yasin joined National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences as an Assistant Professor in 2016. Previously, he studied at National University of Science & Technology and received his MS degree in Computer Software Engineering. He has been then selected for HEC Overseas Scholarship for pursuing further studies at University of Bonn, Germany where he received his degrees of MS in Computer Science (specialization in Computer Vision & Graphics) in 2012 and PhD (Computer Science) in 2016. He also worked there in the Department of Computer Graphics at University of Bonn, Germany. He has more or less 5 years professional and research experience at different institutes. Dr. Hashim Yasin has research interests like vision-based 3D motion retrieval and reconstruction, 3D pose estimation, action recognition, machine learning, motion synthesis and analysis etc. He has substantially contributed in various aspect of that research domain and published his scientific works in many well-reputed national as well as international conferences/journals.
- Ph.D. (Computer Science), University of Bonn, Germany (2016)
- MS (Computer Science), University of Bonn, Germany (2012)
- MS (Computer Software Engineering), NUST, Pakistan (2008)
- M.Sc (Computer Science), University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan (2004)
- An Effective and Efficient Approach for 3D Recovery of Human Motion Capture Data”, Hashim Yasin, Saba Ghani, Björn Krüger, “, Sensors, 23(7): Switzerland, (IF. 3.847) 2023.
- “An Efficient 3D Human Pose Retrieval and Reconstruction from 2D Image-Based Landmarks” Hashim Yasin, Björn Krüger; Sensors, 21(7), Switzerland, (IF. 3.847) 2021.
- “DeepSegment: Segmentation of Motion capture data using deep convolutional neural network” Hashim Yasin, Saqib Hayat; Image and Vision Computing, Elsevier, (IF. 3.86) 2021.
- “Keys for Action: An Efficient Keyframe-Based Approach for 3D Action Recognition Using a Deep Neural Network.” Hashim Yasin, Mazhar Hussain, Andreas Weber; Sensors 20(8), Switzerland, (IF. 3.847), 2020.
- “A Dual-Source Approach for 3D Human Pose Estimation from Single Images” Umar Iqbal, Andreas Doering, Hashim Yasin, Björn Krüger, Andreas Weber, Juergen Gall; Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Elsevier, (IF. 4.886), 2018.
- “Towards Efficient 3D Pose Retrieval and Reconstruction from 2D Landmarks” Hashim Yasin; In proceedings of 19th IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM2017), Taichung, Taiwan, 2017. (Honorable Mention Award)
- “A Dual-Source Approach for 3D Pose Estimation from a Single Image” Hashim Yasin, Umar Iqbal, Björn Krüger, Andreas Weber, Juergen Gall; In proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Las Vegas, USA, 2016.
- “3D Pose Estimation from a Single Monocular Image” Hashim Yasin, Umar Iqbal, Björn Krüger, Andreas Weber, Juergen Gall; Universität Bonn, Technical Report number CG-2015-1 arXiv:1509.06720v1, Sept. 2015.
- “Retrieval, Recognition and Reconstruction of Quadruped Motions” Björn Krüger, Hashim Yasin, Rebeka Zsoldos, Andreas Weber; In proceedings of GRAPP 2014 – International Conference on Computer Graphics Theory and Applications, Lisbon, Portugal, SCITEPRESS, January 2014.
- “Motion Tracking, Retrieval and 3D Reconstruction from Video” Hashim Yasin, Björn Krüger, Andreas Weber; In International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering (IJMUE), 9:2(265-280), 2014.
- “3D Reconstruction of Human Motion from Video” Hashim Yasin, Björn Krüger, Andreas Weber; In proceedings of Workshop on Games and Graphics 2013, Jeju Island, Korea, December 2013.
- “Model based Full Body Human Motion Reconstruction from Video Data” Hashim Yasin, Björn Krüger, Andreas Weber; In proceedings of 6th International Conference on Computer Vision / Computer Graphics Collaboration Techniques and Applications (MIRAGE 2013), Berlin, Germany, June 2013.
- “Human Motion Recognition using Euclidean Distance … A tricky approach” Joveria javed, Hashim Yasin, Syed Faisal Ali; In proceedings of 3rd International Congress on Image and Signal Processing (CISP’10)”, Yantai, China, October 2010.
- “Trained Table based Recognition & Classification (TTRC) Approach in Human Motion Reconstruction & Analysis” Hashim Yasin, Shoab Ahmad Khan; In proceedings of 4th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET 2008), Rawalpindi, Pakistan. October 2008.
- “Moment Invariants based Human Mistrustful & Suspicious Motion Detection, Recognition & Classification” Hashim Yasin, Shoab Ahmad Khan; In proceedings of Tenth International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation, (UKSim-2008), Cambridge England, April 2008. (Awarded one of the Best Student Papers).